Ipe Wood TilesElegant, durable, hard wearing
Specifications & Features
SwiftDeck Ipe patio tiles are exclusively constructed from Ipe wood – widely recognized as one of the most durable wood species available. It is extensively used for commercial decking and boardwalks because of its exceptional hardness, durability, stability in terms of twisting and warping and its low maintenance requirements.
Ipe wood also has excellent resistance to scratching and weathers gracefully to a soft, silvery grey color without splintering. Unlike many other wood species, the weathered surface will remain hard and smooth for many years.
- Botanical name – Tabebuia sp.
- Reddish brown color, but can vary from olive brown to blackish, often with lighter or darker striping
- Exceptionally hard and dense (Janka 3680)
- Eight times harder than Californian Redwood
- Highly resistant to termites, decay and mold (rated Class 1 – extremely durable)
- 3-5 times the life time of most other decking materials (25+ year lifetime)
- Resistant to fire (rated Class A by NFPA)
- Weathers to a soft silvery grey, remaining smooth and splinter free
Our SwiftDeck interlocking Ipe tiles are specifically designed to be laid directly over an existing hard, even surface such as concrete. They are NOT designed to be laid over bearers or pedestals or supported only on two sides because they are somewhat flexible in one direction.
But if you are looking for larger 24″ x 24″ non-interlocking structural Ipe wood tiles which can be laid over adjustable height pedestals on rooftop surfaces or other elevated deck applications, please see here.
We also supply a range of structural porcelain pavers which includes styles that feature a simulated wood look. These pavers can not only be installed on a pedestal system, but can be laid directly over existing concrete slabs using 3/8″ high rubber support pads. These versatile pavers are especially useful in locations with strict fire regulations where wood decks may be restricted or prohibited. They also have the benefit of being exceptionally stain resistant, frost resistant and scratch resistant, making a very low maintenance, durable and elegant deck.
SwiftDeck Ipe Tile Options & Sizes
|Colorado & Sierra||Double-C|
|Tile size (covered area)||12″ x 12″||24″ x 12″|
|Tile Height (incl. base)||1 1/4″||1 1/4″|
|Tile Weight||3.4 lbs||6.8lbs|
|Packing||12 tiles per carton||6 tiles per carton|
|Carton Size||15″ x 13″ x 13″||24 1/2″ x 13″ x 8″|
|Carton Weight||43 lbs||43lb|
Edge Transition Pieces
- Clip to the edge of the outer row of tiles
- Provide a sloping transition to the sub surface
- Hide the side view of the plastic base
- Gap under front lip ensures water drains away freely
- Symmetrical design enables easy installation and removal of any deck tiles UV stabilized polyethylene
- In-built interlocking tabs on all 4 sides
- Stainless steel screws attach base to wood slats
- Engineered to support over one ton of weight
- Workable temperature range of polyethylene: -100°F to 200°F (-73°C to 93°C)